Norfolk’s Black and minority ethnic (BME) communities advice & race equality organisation
- The Bridge Plus+ is a Norfolk based black/Asian and minority ethnic (BME) organisation aimed at improving community cohesion through innovative community engagement activities and service delivery to promote race equality and community cohesion.
- Community engagement-We facilitate community engagement events, activities and trainings which build relationships between community members. Our ongoing monthly community cuisines events are funded through different small funding pots.
- We champion race equality through our flagship Norfolk Caouncil for Race Equality & Diversity (NCRED) which aims to promote and advocate for race equality and tackle discrimination through partnership working.
Most of our NCRED objectives are however achieved mainly throughs our information, advice and guidance case work and direct intervention support provided to BME community members. This is also reflected through our involvement at different strategic and community levels. We continue to provide a voice and play an advocacy role for BME rights issues through our involvement in ongoing community lea events.
- Our Strategic Goals
- To engage with diverse community members in ways that will make them become independent
- To raise awareness about gaps in service provision to new and marginalised community members
- To promote community engagement as a means to improving community perceptions
- To improve the knowledge and confidence of community members
- Our Objectives
- To facilitate community events, activities, and training opportunities where people can meet, interact and engage better and increase their understanding of each other
- Empowering community members with knowledge and information through tailored service delivery and ensure that mainstream services providers are able to respond to the needs of the new and diverse communities based on accurate information.
- To identify activities of common interest to community members and encourage group activities around those issues which will give us all an opportunity to capture community views and aspirations to better inform local integration policy development.
- To develop partnership working relationships with local stakeholders and relieve some pressure from existing service provider by providing an alternative source to go for information, advice and guidance
- Legal Structure-The Bridge Plus+ is a not for profit, non partisan voluntary community group set up for charitable purposes for the benefit of all community members in Norfolk and is registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales No. 7909389. The Bridge Plus+ is run by a management committee of local people. Our committee is supported by a Board of Volunteer Advisors,which includes long standing community members from diverse backgrounds within the voluntary, statutory and community sectors in Norfolk.